Friday, June 13, 2014

Baby #2: 16 weeks (May 28, 2014)

1-2014-06-10 22.13.19

Size of baby: An Avocado! 4.5inches and 3.5 ounces! Getting bigger!

Cravings/Aversions:  I’m just really into food. I want to eat all day. Still figuring out what works for lunch and I NEED to work on making dinners more. The kitchen in this apartment sicks me out and doesn’t encourage cooking. Plus, we can’t grill here – we have to get food to grill at the house so we aren’t doing it very much.

What I'm loving: Feeling legitimately pregnant. I was so big so early I almost felt like I was faking it. Now it feels more warranted. I also love that Edrie totally gets this whole thing. She’s still wrapping her head around why baby can’t come out, but she totally gets that we are having a baby and that its already impacting her/our life.

What I'm anticipating the most: Getting to enjoy our new house with all FOUR of us. I can’t imagine how different it will feel to be in our house this time around. Its going to feel so clean. I never decorated or did much with Edrie on the floor because everything felt so impermanent and dirty. I think it will feel much more homey and CLEAN. Can’t wait.
Missing anything? Not really. Feeling good about coffee again so I can’t really complain.

Worries: Been more worried about something big and bad showing up at the 20 week ultrasound. Or something happening after that. I think that has a lot to do with my work – I just see all the possibilities and I know they are rare, but I don’t know what we will do if something happens to us. I already always feel like we are maxing out our stress level.

Differences between pregnancies: Just that I’m bigger than I was with her and its hard to think specifically about this babe. All day is all about Edrie so my evenings are the only times I have think on baby and half the time I’m too tired, other days I’m at work, and then there are the rare nights I spend searching double strollers, dreaming up a nursery. Pregnant with E at 16 weeks.
How I'm feeling: Good. Still having numb hands and night and they feel tight and puffy in the morning. I better start knitting for this kid or my hands will be incapable! My tailbone is really tender feeling – which is new for me. I was really emotional mid-week…ups and downs come out of the blue when I’m pregnant. I HATE thinking about having another c-section.  Just tired of surgeries. It will be my third abdominal surgery in 3 years and with more kids that number will just keep creeping up. I had an appointment and had the same conversation I’ve had with the OB before and she confirmed that if I go into labor and its quick and baby is ready to come out before they get set-up for a section she will deliver me, but there is no safe way to labor with that scar at the top of my uterus. I’ve seen what happens when a uterus ruptures and baby outcomes are not good. Mama outcomes are bad too. Just hard to think about surgery every time you want a baby. In general, my biggest risk from that scar is preterm labor and that really freaks me out more than the idea of a c-section. I just need to pray baby doesn’t realize the scar is there.
Sleep: No complaints!  
Movement: About halfway through this week I started feeling legitimate KICKS. They are not super often but they are unmistakable. I’ve been snacking on popscicles and frozen blueberries in bed at night and baby really starts getting going when the cold hits. So funny.  
The Bump: BIG and round. People at work just laugh at me. I must have the weakest abs in all of history. I’ve been thinking about how I’m going to work on that more after this baby is out

Milestones: Has finger and toenails! Is covered in lanugo and has tastebuds!!

Best Moment of the Week: Big kicks… keep ‘em coming babe!!  

No comments: