Friday, July 4, 2008

A lifesaver! and something funny...

I dont know about all of you, but we have a SERIOUS problem with smelly (more specifically: mildew) towels. It drives me INSANE! i can't handle getting all clean and then drying off to smell horrible. So I set out to figure out the best way to rid my towels without throwing them all out.I found a super cheap and easy method and so far it seems to have worked wonderfully!


The Savior : White Vinegar!



1. Start your washing machine to run with hot water. Add 1 - 2 cups white vinegar (no detergent or fabric softener yet). Run the washer.



2. Leave the towels in and wash the same towels just as you normally would with laundry soap and hot water. No fabric softener or anything else though.



3. Dry the load with high heat.



Works so well! I've been washing every single towel we own all day!



On a less exciting note - france is officially not going to happen. Many of you know this, but I figured I should just get it all out there in the open. We are bummed. totally bummed. (ewww... that saying always reminds me of this EVIL woman i used to work with) Hopefully we will get another chance to live abroad some day - maybe for a sabbatical?? In the mean time we need to figure what the hell we are going to do come January - so we've been researching schools i can go to and G can do his post doc at. He is interested in several people in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of Texas so today we were looking around at nursing programs for me. I came across Texas Woman's University (ps wouldnt the proper way to name a university be woMEN's?? or is it just a university of 1 texas woMAN??)



anyway, they have one of the programs Im interested in so I was perusing the pre-reqs and came across this as a requirement:



Government (US & Texas)



What?? yes - to get into this school you have to take 6! credits in Texas government. I looked further to see if you could get in and then take it. Nope - gotta take it prior to admission to the nursing school. I know Texas is big and proud, but seriously am i going to need an education in Texas government to be a successful caregiver??



oh, and Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

SnyderAZ said...

Oh. My. God. I know what you mean about the towels! Kidding, we don't have that problem down here because it is not raining 500 days per year. That is right, 500.