Monday, August 22, 2011

37 Weeks

37 weeks 

We made it to full term! I am amazed that this kid could come at any time...its the weirdest thing having no idea when something so big might happen. I'm getting really anxious and excited for the actual birth. I still just can't believe we are having A BABY! 
I feel great still - my heartburn was even better this week! My carpal tunnel is still really annoying, but I can deal. I'm still sleeping through the night and just have to pee really bad when I wake up in the morning. I think I kind of wake up when my hands go numb at night, but I am not totally sure. I think I just change positions and fall back asleep. I've been walking 5-6 days a week up these hills near where we live - its a really good workout (for someone in my GIANT state) and people look at me like I'm insane or like the kid is going to fall out of me. Makes me laugh...hopefully the exercise will serve me well in labor. 

What else? I tested GBS positive. Boo. Not really a huge deal, but it would have been nice to be negative. We are trying some homeopathic remedies to see if we can clear it and then we'll retest in a few weeks. If I'm still positive we'll just do our best to keep baby free of infection and watch close the first few weeks. The reality is that GBS doesn't get that many babies sick, but it can make the ones that get sick REALLY sick. I'm not sure that giving every laboring women who is positive IV antibiotics is the right answer though...

The baby is HUGE. Seriously poking out of me all over the place. My email says that the baby could be as big as 6.3 lbs and over 19 inches long. I wonder how big our babe will actually be...I'm hoping for a six pounder... Sometimes when it really stretches it hurts now. I also had a knee sticking out of my side the other day that was incredibly uncomfortable. I encouraged baby to move and, luckily, he obliged. I like to watch the movements - its like he is doing all sorts of tricks in there! I CAN NOT WAIT TO MEET THIS PERSON! Come out and see us!



No comments: