Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blueberries

Blueberry Picking 

A few months ago we went in with my parents and aunt and uncle to get a membership to Klock Farm for blueberries. Between my parents and us we got 100 pounds of blueberries for $110. Pretty sweet, huh? 

Blueberry Picking 

The first time my mom and I went out we got around 36lbs of berries in a few hours of picking. It was a good day, but we knew we'd have to step it up to get all our berries picked before baby came. 

  Blueberry Picking 

So last week we went out and the berries were huge and practically falling off the bush..we got 71lbs in three hours of picking!! 

Blueberry Picking

It is such a nice, meditative way to spend a Friday morning. I'm kind of sad we're done! Our freezers are PACKED to the brim with berries! I can't wait to have berries all winter long! 

1 comment:

jenni said...

SUCH a good deal! We picked blackberries today from Gregg's parents yard but I am guessing it was a bit less then 100 pounds!