Saturday, March 16, 2013

Jan 2013: Dining Room Overhaul

Jan/Feb 2013

I had seen some cute mini mudrooms on pinterest and had asked my stepdad to help build us a bench and shelf to put in our giant dining room to help catch all our stray coats and shoes. He is always game for a project and we are good at making projects grow... so we overhauled the whole room. It was their Christmas present to us and we love it! 

(there is a before picture in this post - though we took the carpet out before we moved in)

Jan/Feb 2013

Instead of taking the many layers of wallpaper down we applied a texture to the wall and hung wainscotting. We also painted (I'm still trying to decide if I like the color I picked!)

jan/feb 2013

Edrie was quite the helper! 

jan/feb 2013

Installing the shelf!

jan/feb 2013

Hanging the new chandelier

jan/feb 2013

Done! I need to hang stuff on the walls and we need to find a rug, but its pretty much complete! 

jan/feb 2013 jan/feb 2013

We are in love with the little bench - we are still looking for a few baskets that fit , but the extra storage is awesome and we have since added 7 hooks for coats. I'll have to take a few more pictures once I hang stuff on the walls. 

jan/feb 2013

No comments: