Tuesday, October 7, 2008

creamy rosemary penne with chicken

i have enjoyed 3 + weeks of not having to cook, but the real world is back. i spent 2 hours saturday night meal planning/grocery list making and 2 MORE hours sunday grocery shopping at two grocery stores.

found this recipe at dinner's on me. this blog is in my reader, but this is the first recipe i tried. i am NOT a casserole person. i swear my dad went through a few years where that is all we ate and i haven't been able to go back. i decided this was going to be ok because it was pasta based so i could pretend it was just pasta with sauce. hmmm...

grant claims not to be a casserole person either, but he was OBSESSED with how good this was. (i warn - he is very easy to please) i thought it was ok. very easy to make. VERY RICH. i ended up adding a cup of milk to my serving to water it down and found it much more appetizing.

PS - if your oven breaks while making this just heat each serving in the microwave. if your oven breaks while heating a papa murphys pizza cook it for 45 minutes and then turn it upside down and cook it another 20 - so easy......

seriously could anything else go wrong lately?? oh and i'm home sick from work cuz my tummy is STILL upset.

1 comment:

Burton said...

There's a reason that neither Grant nor I are, generally speaking, not fans of casseroles. As much as I love my mother, I think that we were both permanently scarred by the "eggplant casserole" incident. (Also, zucchini casserole wasn't so good.)