Wednesday, March 25, 2009

animal silhouettes


 i made these a few months ago and forgot i had never posted about them! now i can't remember how i got to the tutorial for this project, but somehow i found it and knew it would be perfect for Baby M's nursery.


it was really easy to make the little animals. you just print out the template, cut it out, and paint it. you can be sort of sloppy as long as you get the paint all the way to the edges and have a scrap piece of paper underneath. once they dry the edges curl a little, but if you put them in the middler of a heavy book for several hours they flatten out. 


the hard part for me was writing straight and in french no less! it took me and my perfectionist self MANY times to be sort of satisfied and that was with giving in and doing one in english. so much easier to write fluidly in a language you know! after i was satisfied i glued the animals on with rubber cement - my all time favorite adhesive! i just love it.


from what i hear they have been successfully framed and hung in the nursery. easy, unique, inexpensive art - awesome!

2 comments:

jenni said...

wow! I really like that idea! I bet that fits so perfect!

Anonymous said...

You know we are big fans! Thanks N for all that you have done for us and for baby M. I can't wait for him to meet Auntie Nicole!!