Sunday, August 29, 2010

Graduation SURPRISE Getaway


Still trying to get caught up - the weekend after I graduated (July 30th - August 1) my sweet husband surprised me with a weekend getaway! We had so much fun and I loved not knowing what to expect next! Friday night he drove me to Hermann, Missouri, an old little town settled by Germans with lots of little shops and wineries. We spent the night in a cute bed and breakfast and enjoyed wine tasting and dinner at a local winery. Really what we enjoyed about it was each other...the food/wine wasn't so impressive. The next morning I was treated to a massage and breakfast before we headed off to our next destination! 





A few hours later I woke up (I ALWAYS sleep in the car) to find myself in St. Louis and we were pulling into a mall parking lot. I was so confused. Grant just told me to follow him and we walked to the food court to find Lainey and Dan waiting for us! We ate at Obama's favorite pizza place and enjoyed delicious pizza and Oregon beer




we loved this restaurant and really want to go back soon! (those earrings were handcrafted by the one and only Jenni McCord! I wear them all the time and everyone LOVES them!)
Next we headed to the Anheuser-Busch Brewery - apparently St. Louis has made beer for a LOOOONG time. It was really fun and interesting to see how the beer is made and to learn about all the history. That place is HUGE and has been around forever! 




it is crazy...they make SOOO many bottles every minute and there were only like 2 or 3 human workers...kind of sad, really...



we like videos - i know they are dorky, but they make me laugh.... 


we spent the rest of the night at one of our favorite restaurants enjoying delicious food and company. can you believe i didn't take ONE picture while the four of us were there?? i was kind of annoyed so G and I had a little photo shoot when we got back to our room. 


the next morning we headed over to the St. Louis Zoo which is surprisingly FREE to get into - I love seeing all the animals, but it also makes me kind of sad that they are in captivity. It was an extremely hot day! 


We ended our weekend with a stop at the Arch - it is such a huge structure! we considered going up but the line was like a million people long and I'm not all that into heights so we passed. We were thinking about going to the cardinals game that afternoon, but honestly it was SOOOO hot we couldn't bear the thought. 

Thanks for an awesome celebratory weekend, babe! I keep thinking our life is going to calm down...hopefully in a few months we will be able to take a deep breath and relax! 

3 comments:

jenni said...

what a great husband! Nice work, Dr.

Holly and Everest said...

Keeping the bar high for all the other husbands out there.

jana said...

such a sweet get-away!! i love all the pictures-you look like you celebrated in style!!!!