Last week I was dreaming of all the fun we can have in Oregon this summer and it made me think of Alicia Paulson's blog. She always does the most fun, quintessential Oregon things and has beautiful pictures too. I hopped over and started making a list of all the things we needed to do this summer. Its going to be a sweet summer - our first back home and our last as a couple. My goal is to do something fun and exciting EVERY week. I made this list and asked Grant if he accepted his mission to help is prego wife accomplish it all. Mission accepted.
- Hike in the Gorge and maybe go to a concert?
- Visit the beach and tidepools (its been over a YEAR since we've seen the ocean!)
- RUN - downtown, on trails, on the beach, wherever
- Hike and be in awe of Crater Lake
- Hunker down by the fire at Timberline (this may have to wait til next Winter)
- Go to the Oregon State Fair
- CAMP - as much as possible, in Eastern Oregon, in Southern Oregon, at the Coast
- Go to Saturday market and get a tie-dyed onesie for the baby
- Go to the Farmer's market to get as much fresh, local food as possible
- Spend summer nights at Krueger's farm
- Pick berries and freeze them for winter
- BIKE - all around town as much as possible
- Go to an outdoor concert, maybe at McMenamin's?
- CANOE/KAYAK - blue lake even rents canoes!
- Picnics - lots and lots of 'em
- Consuming as much ethnic food as possible...good Mexican is hard to come by in Mid-Missouri!
I AM SO EXCITED to do all this fun stuff & prep for baby and see so many people we've been missing! The mover's will be here Monday and we leave Wednesday. The hotels are booked and the route is mapped...OREGON HERE WE COME!