Tuesday, May 24, 2011

24 Weeks!

24 weeks

6 months pregnant! That feels like a good milestone, but like there is still a long way to go. I've been feeling really good still and babe has been kicking away in there. The kicks are definitely hard enough to feel from the outside, but easier for me who can feel them both out and in. Grant has tried to feel them, but isn't certain he can yet. Baby likes to stay tucked way down in my pelvis so sometimes the kicks are really low, too.

24 weeks

Last Wednesday we had a little scare. I was attempting to run on the waterfront with Olive when she spotted a bird and lunged for it tripping me in the process. I was TOTALLY laid out - I fell belly first and scrapped up my hands and knees pretty bad. It was a hard fall so I called the midwife after walking home. She had me come in to listen to baby (heartbeat was great!) and gave me the option of an ultrasound to confirm. In the end I decided to go for the ultrasound so I'd be convinced one way or the other of how things were going in there. Thankfully, baby looked great and my placenta was in tact. I was worried about the placenta primarily because it is right out in front. I got a few more pics of the babe that I'll post as soon as we get them scanned.

Babe is working on growing his bronchi and brain this week. He is happily bouncing around in there still with a bit of room to move easily. In the coming weeks it will start to be a tighter squeeze! I'm really excited to start working on the nursery now that we are moved. There are still boxes everywhere and a whole storage unit full of crap, but as soon as we get settled I'm going to tackle that tiny baby's room. I should also maybe work on registering?

1 comment:

The Richards said...

How scary! I am so glad everything is ok.

How have you been? I'd love to see you again some time soon.