Sunday, January 4, 2009

Handmade Christmas 2008

i was almost successful with my goal of a 100% handmade christmas, but not quite. the last few gifts i didn't even start, let alone finish! it worked out fine though.
Here is a smattering of what i made...

a few needle keepers using one of jenni's as a pattern

a few punch collages for some crafty gals...

a scotty dog for my mom (she HEARTS him) - when she opened it her dog started barking at it!

a memory board for my step-dad's new office...

stitched cards for the gratitude wraps (i also made christmas tree ones as our card this year)

an embroidered keep calm for kendra (you've seen the posters all over right??)...

oh! and i also made passport covers for my aunt & uncle.

****************************************************************************
PS - we made it safely to omaha and are spending some much needed time with jon and jess. i'm still sick, but hoping it subsides soon!!

7 comments:

Holly and Everest said...

Yeah for crafts! I'm impressed with your embroidery...I'm not up to your standards for needle work. We'll have to share secrets...you needlepoint and sewing, me knitting when you and Grant come back around.

jenni said...

you are totally impressive! Glad you made it there safe. Hope you feel better!

Philigry said...

oh, you have been busy! i love all the goodness here!

Kaitlyn said...

That is so impressive, I love it all especially the embroidered "keep calm". You are so crafty, these are great!

abmatic said...

The flowered fabric in the needle holders is fantastic! I love it!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

WOW! Look how amazing all your handmade items are. That Scotty Dog is adorable. And your cards turned out perfect. I'm happy you used them for your Christmas! Thanks for linking to me!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog!!! I saw your wedding on the Style Me Pretty website and it really inspired me (i'm getting married in June). Hope you don't mind I stalked your blog too lol. You and your husband are adorable. :)