Tuesday, January 27, 2009

asian chicken salad



Ever since arriving in Columbia we've been in the mood for salads - probably a result of three weeks of eating out. Shocking since my favorite thing to do is eat out and I don't ususally enjoy salads. A few weeks ago Grant and I split the Oriental Chicken Salad at Applebee's ...it was only ok, but gave us the idea to try it at home.

I searched Allrecipes for the highest rated and easiest Asian Chicken Salad recipe and found it! This was incredibly good - mostly because the dressing was amazing and incredibly easy. Not the cheapest recipe if you don't have some of the oils on hand, but worth the cost.

We did a few things different... used arugala instead of iceberg lettuce, used wan ton noodles instead of rice noodles, threw in some chopped cabbage, didn't use seasame seeds. oh - and we cooked the chicken in minced garlic and seasame oil to give it a little asian flavor. SO good. Next time I think we will add some sliced almonds and mandarin oranges.

let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

I really tend to dislike salads, but now I'm craving this :) Yum!