Monday, October 10, 2011

Edrie's First Month: Going Home

Going Home 

After WAY too many days in the hospital...we were finally discharged on Thursday. I can't tell you how ready I was to go home! I wanted to see my puppy and sleep in my own bed WITH my husband. I will never understand why they don't have a queen sized bed on the post-partum units...its really ridiculous! Anyway, here I was getting my baby girl dressed to go home. 

 Going Home 

Her first time in our cloth diapers and her first time wearing her mama-made baby legs. Its crazy to look at how they were baggy in this picture, because already...just three and a half weeks later...they are barely fitting!

 Going Home 

Waiting... and waiting some more. You'd think it would be easy to write discharge orders prior to heading into surgery, but I guess not!
Going Home 

Getting all strapped in!

Going Home   Going Home 

Not so sure about this whole car seat thing and Papa lookin' so cute carrying his girl to the car!
Going Home 
 
Going Home 

Quite possibly the only time she seemed to like the carseat. She has since decided it is the devil and likes to scream while strapped in. That is until mommy gave in on the whole pacifier thing...we had a blissful ride home from the baby store this afternoon. Paci only in the car though!
Of course the drive home from the hospital couldn't just be low-key and simple, instead we almost got side-swiped/rear-ended by a jeep that started spinning out of control on the freeway off-ramp. We are pretty sure that the driver was under the influence because after he narrowly missed hitting several cars and came to stop backward on the off-ramp. He sped down Foster and ran a red light! We were really happy to get our girl home safely.

Going Home 

Olive wondering where I'd been and what I brought home...
Going Home 

Introducing herself to her new sister.

Going Home 

Missed my girl!

  Going Home 

Checkin' our her new diggs

  Going Home 

Not a flattering picture of me, but I think its cute of the doggies. We were all so happy to be home!

No comments: