Thursday, May 29, 2014

Baby #2: 14 & 15 Weeks


1-2014-05-22 18.22.11
  1-2014-05-10 18.15.26-1


I never got around to writing a post last week. But it was more of the same – gradual increase in size, gradually feeling less queasy and starting to feel some flutters! 

2-2014-05-28 23.58.50

Photo thoughts: Continue to get bigger! Feeling more like I’m not totally HUGE for how far along I am, but maybe I’m kidding myself?
Size of baby: An Orange! About 4 inches crown to rump!

Cravings/Aversions: Feeling SO MUCH BETTER! No real issues with food. I’m eating more regularly and not as ravenously, coffee is back in the rotation full force. A barista asked me if I wanted my latte decaf…I scoffed. Baby can deal so mama can survive ;) I still love fruit, but no other big cravings.
 
What I'm loving: People asking more and more about baby – they must be confident I’m pregnant. Talking and thinking more about plans, names, nurseries, and deciding we won’t find out the sex. It feels good to have that decision made! Oh and I went maternity clothes shopping ALONE on Mother’s Day and it was SO nice. I got a good starter wardrobe that feels much better than I felt before. I got a pair of skinny jeans and a swim suit. I never had a swim suit when I was pregnant with Edrie, but I’m excited to feel covered up when I take E to the river and pool this year! I also snagged a few tanks and a skirt!

What I'm anticipating the most: HOLDING THIS KID! One of my best friends had her second last week and I’m dying seeing her as a mother of two. Can’t wait to be in that boat. I’m really excited to see Edrie as a big sister and to do the newborn thing again with Grant. The sleeplessness sucks, but the squishy newborn that has no real opinion will make up for it.
Missing anything? Just the drinking. Its so hard for me to not have A DRINK when we go out or when its been a long day. Everything else I don’t really ascribe to – I still eat lunch meat occasionally, still have coffee, etc, so its just alcohol. Soon I’ll miss being able to see my lower half, but that’s not yet an issue.

Worries: That we won’t be back in our house in time for baby or in time for us to feel settled before the baby comes. It would not be the end of the world, but it would make life less calm. This apartment is totally doable, but not ideal and making room for another living being would be difficult.

Differences between pregnancies: Feeling more and more like I remember being with Edrie. I feel great. I know it’s the second trimester and everyone feels good, but its good to feel good! (Pregnancy #1 14weeks/15weeks)
How I'm feeling: Really great. Huge, but otherwise good. And I feel like my face is already puffing out. SCARY. I’m also feeling like carpal tunnel is coming back. I had it bad with Edrie and it started by waking up in the middle of the night with numb hands. I had a few instances of that this week so I’m not looking forward to that.  
Sleep: Great… sleeping great during the day between shifts and when I flip back I sleep well at night. I took a nap while Edrie napped in the stroller today and it was seriously amazing. Just an hour makes such a difference.
Movement: DEFINITLY feeling little flutters. I have to be focusing and they are small, but there. SO FUN! Can not wait for G and E to feel them.
The Bump: Its starting to get firm on the bottom as my uterus grows out of the pelvis. Makes it feel less like chub and more like BABY!
both my babes...she is going to have a nice resting place the bigger I get!  

Milestones: Baby is breathing amniotic fluid in and out of his little lungs now! So mature of it!

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling baby move has been so great. I haven’t felt as connected to baby because I’m more distracted and don’t have as much time to dream, but the flutters remind me someone is in there. I like the reminder!!

No comments: