We were so busy with my parents I forgot to celebrate this blog's THIRD birthday (May 31st)! I can't believe its been three years since I fell in love with the blog world. It is a love - hate relationship, at times...mostly because it is such a time suck, but all in all I am still just as in love as I have ever been! The first birthday post I did makes me laugh and last year's is a recap of all that we did the first two years of this little blog, and below is what we have done since...
- continued and almost completed the most poorly organized and executed nursing program in the world (n)
- continued and excelled at being a post-doctoral fellow (g)
- got used to being homeowners - its a lot of work! (worth it though)
- celebrated our one year anniversary as a married couple
- celebrated thanksgiving without family for the first time (without tears!)
- had so much fun making our house christmasy! and then spent the holiday in the desert!
- got a doggy that turned our world upside down, but showed us love in a whole new way
- dreamed about oregon A LOT
- made friends
- tried to take lots of deep breaths.
I would say this past year has been our most difficult yet... even tho that list looks mighty short.. many of those things are OH SO time consuming and stressful. We have been working hard the past few weeks to find more time to do fun stuff and let go of what isn't important - we also like to talk a lot about where we might be next year at this time or even the year after that (hint...Oregon...with babies..)